Re: SPDX Statistics - R.U.R. edition

On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 12:49 PM Richard Fontana <rfontana@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The point may be more significant. Under the Callaway system there was a confusing set of guidelines that seemed to both embrace and reject the notion of an "effective license". We have u
 rejected the concept of the effective license (except possibly in some extreme scenarios)

Sorry, sort of lost control of my keyboard there. I was trying to say: The second point may be more significant. We have unambiguously rejected the concept of the effective license, except possibly in some extreme scenarios. For this reason alone, it is possible that most Fedora package license tags are inaccurate even if you assume that the relevant identifiers are truly synonymous, which they aren't.

I am not sure how we will act upon the hope for further auditing, but maybe better documentation could help result in more accurate (or guidelines-conformant) license tags over a long period of time.

Richard