Re: no mandatory QA testing at all [Re: crazy thought about how to ease QA testing]

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Mike McCarty wrote:

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Hi

Yes, my indictment earlier was for *all* distributions of Linux.
But Legacy has gone further than I can follow along, that's all.

We are merely discussing a proposal so legacy process hasnt gone further

That is not my understanding.

at all. You also state that other distributions QA process is better.

Other distros do have better QA, as Red Hat itself says about FCx.
RHEL has, per Red Hat, better QA than FC.

Comparing a commercial product to a community project is unfair. Lets hear about QA processes documented in other community projects.

Eh? My comment, as I asserted again, was about all Linux distros.
None of them has adequate QA. But I know of nobody who has proposed
to move software automatically from a test state to a release state
merely based on time elapsed except for FC and FCL.

[snip]

See the other mails regarding this.

Certainly did.

Mike