Re: no mandatory QA testing at all [Re: crazy thought about how to ease QA testing]

Quoting Mike McCarty <mike.mccarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Then the Legacy Project has removed my ability not to subscribe
to "testing".

No, the Legacy Project has _proposed_ to that, at least in your opinion.
It was followed by something like "unless we get a lot of objection" so
please, if you object, let it be known.

Since Legacy is no longer in my yum configuration, it's no longer
an issue for me, good or bad.

Yes, we lose a few people from the community every time this issue comes
up.  I guess the hope is we will gain more if we release more, but I'm not
sure it is true (hasn't been so far, as far as I can tell).

I don't wish to subscribe to "testing".
Since "testing" and "release" have been merged, I have unsubscribed
from "release".

No, it was proposed that we merge them, but it is still under consideration,
and can still be blocked.  Your action is a bit premature.  But then,
considering some of the responses you have received in e-mail (like having
to pay to be notified) I don't blame you too much.

If the security notices on FC2 get severe enough,
I'll just move on to CentOs, Scientific Linux, or Debian. Since
I'm already helping administer a Debian box, it might make sense
to move to that.

Of course your choice...

Mike

--