Re: Risk Models and QA [Re: no mandatory QA testing at all [Re: crazy thought about how to ease QA testing]]

David Eisenstein wrote:
Hi Mike, and all,

I just want to let you know that I have reservations about this as well.
You are not alone in the way you feel about this proposed and now
implemented way of ... of getting stuff done here.

For my systems, I end up choosing not to use yum's automated updating
feature.  This is the way I've done it from day one, even when Red Hat was

I have never allowed an automated update to any of my systems, I run
yum manually.

In fact, on my Win.. machines I find that packages often want
to install some "latest version" of a graphics display package.
I have returned software on that basis, telling the clerk
and sometimes the store manager that I bought a piece of software
to do X, and it wants me also to install software to do Y.

On other occasions, I have "snapshotted" my machine, installed,
run, and then reverted to the "snapshot".

[snip]

We do the best we are able.  Anyone who wants to do QA testing may do so.
We welcome participation at whatever level you are willing and able to do,
Mike, and everyone.

Thank you for expressing your thoughts, Mike.  I appreciate them.

	Warm regards,
	David Eisenstein

Thanks for the kind thoughts.

Mike