Re: Can we get a zlib update?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Yates"
fwiw, i wholeheartedly support jesse on this.

i think it's been fairly well established that zlib doesn't need upgrading to build ClamAV, but even if we were discussing some deep core tool, without whose upgrade no single piece of code released anywhere on earth since 1.1.2003 would build, i'd still support the "we patch, not upgrade" policy.

And I agree with both of you on 99.9% of all packages.

I know I won't win this debate because of the "patch, not upgrade" rule - I was just hoping zlib would be kept more prestine for such a minor point release.

-eric wood

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx