Re: Can we get a zlib update?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jesse Keating"
This is not what Legacy is here for.  We don't update just because we
can.  We backport security because it provides maximum stability.  If a
person wants a 3rd party software set that requires newer tools, they
can get the newer tools themselves and deal with the compatibility and
stability issues themselves.

-EWONTFIX

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

October 3rd, 2004
" Version 1.2.2 eliminates a potential security vulnerability in zlib 1.2.1, so all users of 1.2.1 should upgrade immediately."

I'm no expert to firmly disagree with you. With such a small changelog, why not go for 1.2.2 and be done with it in this special case?

I like their slogan:
"A Massively Spiffy Yet Delicately Unobtrusive Compression Library"

-Eric Wood

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx