Re: Default Browser Voting - and apparent inconsistency with mission statement

Am 12.08.2016 um 14:09 schrieb Timothy Murphy:
Reindl Harald wrote:

look at all the Windows users which used MSIE all the years while it was
the worst browser out there - they just didn't care as long it rendered
websites

According to <http://gs.statcounter.com/>. among desktop users
usage of IE has fallen from 15% to 10% in the last year,
while Chrome usage has increased from 52% to 58%.
Firefox has overtaken IE, and now stands at about 14%.
Even Safari has caught up with Windows, both at 10%.
As the vast majority of desktop users will be using Windows,
it is clear that a large majority of them have switched to Chrome,
and very few are sticking to IE

please leave me in peace with all that *recent* numbers, i make my money for 15 years now with web-development and have a great power of recall that i don't need 3rd party sites

you just don't get the point as you don#t get the point what a default browser is - not your nor my nor anybody elses personal preference and it's really disturbing that you are one of very few which needs such things explained again and again while running in circles