Re: Default Browser Voting - and apparent inconsistency with mission statement

Am 12.08.2016 um 11:49 schrieb Timothy Murphy:
Gerald B. Cox wrote:

BTW, as I stated previously - my
browser
preference is Chrome because I'm a heavy user of all things Google - but
if I were voting on the default browser for the KDE spin... I would not
choose Chromium.  I don't believe it advances what should be our core
principles.

Presumably you want someone to use the default browser.
If so, you are recommending an app that you do not use yourself.

that's not the point

I imagine if QupZilla is chosen as default, 90% of Fedora/KDE users
will change it every time a new version of Fedora comes out.

imagine != fact

frankly for most users it don't matter at all which browser is installed by default because they use anything which opens a webpage and the ones who care about a specific one are not all using Firefox

look at all the Windows users which used MSIE all the years while it was the worst browser out there - they just didn't care as long it rendered websites

Personally I don't care what browser is chosen as default.
But it disturbs me when somebody acts in a way
that appears to me to be contrary to common sense.

Is there any other example of this in KDE?
I guess KMail might be an example

you can bring *any* QT/KDE application where a alternate one exists and all of them have users, otherwise they won't exist over the long