Re: Kmail, pop3, spam...

Am 14.03.2016 um 17:03 schrieb P. Gueckel:
Reindl Harald wrote:

there is no trustworthy at all unless a mail is
encrypted and honestly
in case of security i would trust Google much more
than a random ISP

I know what you're saying. My ISP is the telephone
company, so it's not exactly random

well, and the telephone company has more or less (most times less) maintained mailservers - if it's for free or nearly free it will be less

frankly telephone companies are regulry too stupid for anything, be it DNS where the put after every domain change a unwanted backup-MX automatically, don't change modems with well known security bugs like DOS over port 53 and silently close port 53 on the device itself keep it vulnerable

in other words: the telephone company / ISP for my internet line is the last one where i outsource any relevant service

but I know what
you mein. I wish encrypted mail were the standard,
but, even if I tried to instigate it, it would only be
more secure if both ends were encrypting (there's is
also electronic communication within the office, which
might not be encrypted, etc). Could electronic mail
ever be completely secure, so that one could _know_
that no quotes or portions could ever be shared
without one's consent?

you can't control what somebody quotes and forwards unencrypted later but with GPG the sender encrypts the message with the *public key* of the RCPT and it can only be decrypted with the RCPT's *private key*