Re: Kmail, pop3, spam...

Am 14.03.2016 um 16:28 schrieb P. Gueckel:
OK, thanks to both of you. That's a big help. I didn't
know that pop3 only checks inbox *by definition*
That's the answer to my problem.

Unfortunately, I used to use imap for a brief period
about 3 years ago, but it turned out that my ISP was
offering that for free only on trial. Now, it's for an
extra fee, so I had to revert to pop3. With gmail, I
could try imap again, since I recall liking it, back
when I had tried it on my ISP, but I do not want
important/financial/business/etc mail going through
gmail.

I realize that all email is insecure in transit, but I
would like to believe that at least the servers of my
ISP are trustworthy enough to warrant my confidence
and my business and my loyalty. That's why I pay them

there is no trustworthy at all unless a mail is encrypted and honestly in case of security i would trust Google much more than a random ISP

hence we have our own mailservers and offer also mailservice and spamfiltering on own inhouse infrastructure to customers which want to be sure that all data never touchs any 3rd party except the nomal mailflow from the sender to the MX