Re: Kmail, pop3, spam...

Reindl Harald wrote:

> there is no trustworthy at all unless a mail is
encrypted and honestly
> in case of security i would trust Google much more
than a random ISP

I know what you're saying. My ISP is the telephone
company, so it's not exactly random, but I know what
you mein. I wish encrypted mail were the standard,
but, even if I tried to instigate it, it would only be
more secure if both ends were encrypting (there's is
also electronic communication within the office, which
might not be encrypted, etc). Could electronic mail
ever be completely secure, so that one could _know_
that no quotes or portions could ever be shared
without one's consent?

I believe it was once said that Google scans emails
for keywords &c. I just don't like the idea of my
financial statements and 'serious' correspondence
being scanned for keywords and having this information
added to my profile---that could well be commodified
and sold.

> hence we have our own mailservers and offer also
mailservice and
> spamfiltering on own inhouse infrastructure to
customers which want to
> be sure that all data never touchs any 3rd party
except the nomal
> mailflow from the sender to the MX

I wish I could do that, but it's not worth the extra
cost and headache for me as an individual. I used to
have a domain that came with this service, but is the
hosting company really more secure/trustworthy than my
ISP? Doing it in-house is the best, for sure.