Re: ask.fp.o feedback link and emails

On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 13:59:38 -0400
Corey Sheldon <sheldon.corey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Kevin,
>
> interestingly  enough a  GSoC prospect was talking in --summer-coding
> earlier today  about a similar idea, maybe we could  open s/he scope a
> bit if accepted and set them loose
>

> shiv: The feature that i have in my mind is like a chat box on the
> corner where they can get instant help, a forum page, videos, better
> documentation

Well, the thing I think we need to be very careful with on GSoC
projects is that they should be very very very very well defined as to
exactly what we want and should be part of a bigger whole that we are
going to keep maintaining after the student has moved on.

If the GSoC project is too vuage, we aren't going to get something we
can really use, and if it's too big we are going to overwhelm the
student and end up with nothing we can use.

So, might be possible for this, but IMHO it needs to be a very well
defined part of the entire hubs project or the like.

kevin