Re: COPR builds/services for other distros?

Dne 14.3.2016 v 17:02 Paul W. Frields napsal(a):
> I recently became aware of this info on the buildsys list:
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/buildsys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/QKGI24LEWKWAVMYTXJFPMXXTPBBWQ554/
>   (*refers to https://ml.mageia.org/l/arc/dev/2015-11/msg00092.html)
>
> I had a few questions:
>
> * Do you have an idea what increase in usage will come from extending
>   COPR to Mageia?

1) It is long shot. First we need to support it in Mock flawlessly. And
only then we can add it to Copr. My guess is that it will be more then 3
months. This is not my priority and it is completely contribution of Neal.

2) I expect that the usage for Mageia builds will be marginal.
Definitelly marginal compared to other features we are adding right now.
E.g. the building directly from PyPi, where we want to build *all* pypi
modules as rpm packages will consume much more resources. And once we
will be done with PyPi we plan to proceed to rubygems, cpan, maven etc....

> * Are there other distributions with whom you've discussed extending
>   COPR support that potentially bring along usage increases?

No. Not for Fedora instance.

> * Are Mageia folks (and any other distro interests) aware of the
>   non-production support level of COPR currently?

No, probably not. And this reminds me that Fedora developers are not
aware either.

BTW: what I need to do to get the resources for the new Copr. We have
migration scripts for migration of users data finished. The problem with
GPG is fixed. So we can focus on migration to new HW and change the
design little bit. But I need to know where I can start, so I can start
altering playbooks.

Mirek