Re: COPR builds/services for other distros?

> > * Are Mageia folks (and any other distro interests) aware of the
> >   non-production support level of COPR currently?
>
> No, probably not. And this reminds me that Fedora developers are not
> aware either.
>
> BTW: what I need to do to get the resources for the new Copr. We have
> migration scripts for migration of users data finished. The problem with
> GPG is fixed. So we can focus on migration to new HW and change the
> design little bit. But I need to know where I can start, so I can start
> altering playbooks.

I would suggest you to look at our Request For Resource procedure.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ping us on IRC, but in my opinion
we'd need at least info about:
- How well would at least the frontend and package download server work behind
  a load balanced/HA setup (so that at least the directly user-facing components
  can be made highly available, the backend doesn't need to be HA)
- Are components still "randomly" crashing? I haven't had to restart services
  a lot recently, so I think it's in a lot better state than previously?
- What amount of disk space are you currently using, and what are you expecting
  to be using over the short to medium term (next year or so, just approximate is
  fine)?
- What kind of support are we aiming for here? Fully supported core infra app, or
  still somewhat in the middle?
- Who is/are going to be the main point of contact? If the previous answer was
  "core infra app", who do we page at 3AM when everything falls over and we don't
  understand any of it? (not likely since I now know quite a bit about it, but still
  I'd like some names for fallback).

I think I have a reasonable picture about the rest of the requirements with respect
to number of servers etc, but if that is going to change soon that'd be great to
hear.

With kind regards,
Patrick Uiterwijk
Fedora Infra