Re: Packaging m2e-wtp

On 03/15/2015 02:07 AM, gil wrote:
> Il 15/03/2015 00:03, Julius Schwartzenberg ha scritto:
>> I'm getting a bit further again with the m2e-wtp build. Disabling the
>> things with seem mostly relevant for the update site allowed the build
>> to progress.
>>
>> Roland Grunberg wrote:
>>> There may be a workaround you could try that would avoid having to
>>> OSGi-ify
>>> maven-war-plugin. If you add the attribute 'Eclipse-BundleShape: dir'
>>> into
>>> the MANIFEST.MF for org.eclipse.m2e.wtp, then symlink the system jar for
>>> maven-war-plugin matching the name listed in Bundle-ClassPath, the build
>>> should work. The purpose of adding that attribute above is to avoid
>>> packaging
>>> the plugin as a jar, with an embedded jar, which is against
>>> guidelines. I
>>> think you'd probably have to re-symlink the jar for %%install as well.

> Bundle-ClassPath (as for Class-Path) is not allowed in Fedora.
> You should (read must) remove this instruction from felix (or war plugin)

Doesn't this mean that maven-war-plugin still needs to be OSGI-ified? I
understand this would mean creating a new version of the
maven-war-plugin RPM in which the spec file patches the pom files to use
Felix to OSGI-ify it?

Thanks,
Julius