Re: Packaging m2e-wtp

On 02/27/2015 06:44 PM, Roland Grunberg wrote:
> Ok once again, sorry.. ignore all that. I was jumping to conclusions far
> too quickly. The mere fact that 'org.apache.maven.plugin.war' package
> isn't getting resolved rules out any kind of version issue. I believe the
> problem is that you're trying to use maven-war-plugin classes but
> the jar itself is not an OSGi bundle, so Tycho cannot find them.

That makes sense! I'd been a while since I was working with Tycho. I'm
indeed working with Fedora 21, with maven-war-plugin version 2.4.

> I would guess filing a bug to OSGi-ify maven-war-plugin might be in order,
> but not sure of the implications in terms of other deps.

Is this something which is specifically missing from the RPM package? A
regular Maven build works, so I suppose there also exists a OSGI-ified
version for Tycho.

Would it make the most sense to file a bugreport on that or look myself
into getting the OSGI-ified version packaged (as well) or OSGI-ify the
existing package?

Thanks,
Julius