Re: Packaging m2e-wtp

> > It appears that MappingUtils has been removed in 2.5 (it was present in
> > 2.4). See :
> >
> > http://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-war-plugin-2.4/apidocs/org/apache/maven/plugin/war/util/
> > http://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-war-plugin-2.5/apidocs/org/apache/maven/plugin/war/util/
> >
> > I haven't looked into it but you may need to find a document that either
> > explains how to migrate, or figure out what MappingUtils did and how the
> > functionality is provided in 2.5+ .
>
> Just to clarify, I'm assuming you're running the build on f22 or greater
> as this would have maven-war-plugin 2.5. On f21 or below, 2.4 should be
> available.

Ok once again, sorry.. ignore all that. I was jumping to conclusions far
too quickly. The mere fact that 'org.apache.maven.plugin.war' package
isn't getting resolved rules out any kind of version issue. I believe the
problem is that you're trying to use maven-war-plugin classes but
the jar itself is not an OSGi bundle, so Tycho cannot find them.

I would guess filing a bug to OSGi-ify maven-war-plugin might be in order,
but not sure of the implications in terms of other deps.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg