Re: Atomic 2 week releases

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015, at 05:13 PM, Michael P. McGrath wrote:

> So the Atomic spins would be $current + the updates-testing packages we
> care about (and have tested / have some influence over).  That spin
> would then be copied to the mirrors and we'd be able to link to it.
>
> There's a nice side benefit there which is if someone who's running non-atomic
> Fedora wants to look at the latest of docker, kubernetes, etcd, ostree,
> whatever, they could just enable updates-testing and have access.
>
> Sounds like all of the benefits of the original rawhide suggestion with
> none of the pain.

Yeah.  We can do much better than we are now at just running through the current
official process.  Also, rather crucially there are no trademark concerns with
images generated from updates-testing or just updates.

I'd still like to experiment with a side repo implementing continuous delivery
and actually making use of the fact that both Docker and ostree allow rollbacks
and are by their nature more agile - will post more about that later.  But option #1
here has my vote for now - it's a matter of trying it for a few months or so, we
can always re-evaluate.