Re: Request: ban Harald Reindl from devel@

On 05/22/2013 05:18 PM, inode0 wrote:
They aren't resolving differences within the community, they are
resolving differences between people.

Bob and Jim can't get along and Bob asks Joan if she can help them get
along better. Joan works with Bob and Jim to come to an understanding
agreeable to both. Why does my having trust and faith in Joan matter?
99% of the time I won't even be aware mediation has occurred.

Mediation has been happening in the community probably since it began.
It doesn't require mass group sign-off to help people get along with
each other better.

You still need people that possess the skill of mediation and have the trust and faith from the community in them doing so otherwise people wont listen

That trust and faith is not gained by randomly appointing people to an group or for that group to start selecting people itself.

Those individuals need to be picked by the community itself.

JBG