Re: Re: coolkey and evolution

On Oct 15, 2007, at 8:18 AM, John H. wrote:

This reply didn't really help me at all.  If you do not use the
smartcard, you are not prompted for the OWA user/pass in firefox, you
just get a 401 error

The point I was trying to make was that requiring SSL client auth but still using username/password makes the smartcard somewhat pointless since the account still has a password which can be compromised. This is a comment on your org's OWA deployment.

I am not saying that it's the most efficient way to have 2 layers of
authentication, but that's the way it is.  In firefox, if you have the
"ask every time" certificate option checked and you choose the wrong
of the two certificates that are available for the site via the card,
you get the same error.  That's why I wonder if evolution is perhaps
choosing the wrong cert.

It's possible, but given that Evolution doesn't understand SSL client auth with IMAPS, I'm willing to bet it's just failing on that alone.

-- Tim