Re: Key installer functionality for F18: rescue mode, text/serial console mode

On 08/02/2012 12:35 AM, Jon Stanley wrote:
On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 8:03 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There are couple of issues that I'm aware of and will be discussing with
Harald which I personally would like to see resolved before we use this as a
replacement either altogether or until a noob friendly gui mode is
implemented.
There never *was* a n00b friendly mode for rescue.

That just an utter and total bullshit as limited as it might be it still *lead* and *help* the users to setup their system for rescue.

You've always had
to know the secret incantation to put on the cmdline to boot anaconda.
Speaking as a real, actual enterprise user,

Are you claiming that I ain't an real actual enterprise user?

Care to share your difference between fake ones and real ones?

I've used anaconda rescue
mode exactly.....ZERO times in the last year. If I have a system that
for whatever reason won't boot, even in current RHEL, I find it *much*
easier to just boot with init=/bin/bash and go about fixing things.

I know a lot of sysadmin that use it and have used it in the past year(s).

In newer Fedora, this becomes even easier with rd.break providing even
more functionality.

Now what more functionality is that exactly that it provides?

  My personal view on rescue mode, even if it were
to be completely absent from F18, would be "oh well".

I'm oh well with "text mode" and you are oh well with "rescue mode" I guess our priorities differ.

JBG