Re: Key installer functionality for F18: rescue mode, text/serial console mode

> Given the lack of text/rescue mode and other feature is it not best
> to delay the "newUI" anaconda til F19 and fallback on using F17's
> anaconda instead of presenting our user base with half finished
> product at best?

The graphical UI is the main anaconda UI.  VNC mode will still be
available for people who cannot use graphical mode for some reason.  The
features we're not working on for F18 (text, advanced storage filtering)
represent a very small portion of Fedora users, and we're going to have
them back for F19.  We are trying to take our time to do these things
right instead of just rush them out.  I think saying "half finished
product at best" is disinginuous and inflammatory considering the amount
of work we have put into the UI that most everyone uses.

The feature as-is has already been voted on and accepted for F18 based
upon the knowledge that there wouldn't be any text mode.  We have been
very up front about that.

I think we can probably do rescue mode, we just need to look at it and
it won't be for alpha.

If F17 anaconda is used for F18, it's not going to see any work at all
besides the absolute minimum of bug fixing required to keep it limping
along.  We are not going to put any sigificant resources into a dead-end
code base.

- Chris