Re: Key installer functionality for F18: rescue mode, text/serial console mode

> on text install: apparently it's now the plan that a basic text mode
> will be included in f18 and may even make Alpha. As long as that's a
> commitment then that should work out fine and is no longer a worry.

The alpha change deadline is August 14, so I can't really see that
happening.  Even more critically, the string freeze deadline is the same
day.

I'm not willing to commit to that, no matter how hard Martin and Jesse
work.  I just don't think there's enough time.  I suppose beta is
possible given it being a month later, but then people are just going to
complain about major things being done after the feature freeze.

> on rescue mode: we would like to see a roughly functional equivalent
> replacement for rescue mode present in f18, with considerable
> flexibility as to the exact form.

I don't think rescue mode is too difficult to do.  We've just not worked
on it, barely talked about it, and not put anyone on the task.  It's not
alpha criteria so I haven't been especially worried about it.

> If anaconda team can commit to a rescue mode replacement for f18 final
> at least, that'd be great. thanks. Also, if anyone's aware of any other
> major functionality that might go away with newUI - besides what's
> already been discussed or called out on the feature page - please let us
> know. thanks!

Advanced storage filtering's not going to be there for F18 either.

- Chris