Re: No sound from DAC in Matrix M-Stage HPA-1 (USB)

Hi ALSA users,

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 9:57 PM, Daniel Mack <zonque@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't think it worth it really. If the vendor claims the hardware will
> work without the installation of additional drivers, and precisely that
> fails on Vista, while on Linux it doesn't work either, the hardware is
> most probably toast. It's not that such things don't happen. In fact, a
> DOA (dead on arrival) condition is much more likely than a device that
> will just stop working from one day to another.
>

> Daniel

I just would like to conclude that the issues with my Matrix M-Stage
were indeed caused by a defective hardware.

After various experiments, I have found out that the device actually
produces some sound when its input is set to the DAC, but it lasts
only for a few minutes after the cold start. Then, after the device
"warms up", there is only a silence. Moreover, the produced sound is
filled with numerous cracking and silence artifacts which make it
unusable anyway.

So, there you have it - sometimes an explanation is as simple as
figuring out that the problem is caused by the hardware. I will be
returning it shortly.

Thanks to Daniel for trying to help.

Regards
Peter Basista