relocation error: aplay: symbol snd_pcm_hw_params_is_monotonic

Hello All,

I’m a newbie to alsa and embedded programming, am trying to get the audio cape on the Beaglebone black working that is running Angstrom.

Using the default angstrom image, I was able to get sound output from the cape (but very noisy) , I then proceeded to grab the 1.0.9 version of Alsa from the ftp server and build it on my board (I needed the .h files for C++ coding).

Now, I am unable to playback using aplay or mplayer with the following error:

aplay: relocation error: aplay: symbol snd_pcm_hw_params_is_monotonic, version ALSA_0.9 not defined in file libasound.so.2 with link time reference

Any help in how do I rollback or fix this issue while keeping the .h files in /usr/include/alsa-lib would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

YSK