Re: Configuring ALSA and SCHIIT BIfrost for "bit perfect"

Ok, a bit more "information" on this problem...

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 7:22 PM, chris hermansen <clhermansen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Another observation (maybe it's a data point or maybe it just adds to
> the confusion...)
>
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 8:40 AM, chris hermansen <clhermansen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Daniel and list;
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 6:06 AM, Daniel Mack <zonque@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> Ok, then this approach does not work. But thanks for testing. I need to
>>> come up with a different solution.
>>>
>>> The thing is: I have such a device on my desk, all I'm missing is an
>>> adequate counter part that is able to reveive sample rates up to 192KHz
>>> so I can tes. What kind of device do you have connected to it?

Daniel, here is another Cmedia based device; according to the web page it works
with ALSA...

http://dhost.info/mhdtlab/USBridge.htm

Also, to close a previous loop: my TOSLINK adapter arrived and I tried
it.  I am not
convinced that I am getting 24 bits through to the sound card from the
old Toshiba;
I think it is a 16bit only interface.

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen@xxxxxxxxx