Re: Help with .asoundrc needed

Hi Leonardo,

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Leonardo Gomes <leogolima@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mark,
>
> I don't know if i understand, but i'll try.
>
> I think you want to output TV Tunner plugged into Line In to both sound
> cards.
>
> You using some program to capture the sound of Line In(TV Tunner) and
> reproduze that(output) ?

There are different TV viewers, I'm currently using tvtime, but it
does not matter. The audio output connector of TV card is physically
connected to Line In connector of HDA (and actually from time to time
I remove it and use another source on LineIn).
So I just run tvtime and I can hear the audio on speakers or
headphones connected to HDA card (Speakers are connected to rear
connector and headphones and MIC to the front connector).

Now I have this additional USB headset. I want to get rid of old
headphones plugged into front panel. I'd like to have audio from Line
In to be heard on speakers from HDA card and USB headset at the same
time.
(It should better be application independent).

> You can output the sound of Line In using the previous PCM created ?

Currently I only have these multi/route/plug pcms you helped me with.
They allow me to play wave file (using aplay) on both cards. But Line
In audio is still heard on speakers of HDA only (BTW when I tried VLC
or Amarok to play on 2as1plugin the sound was terribly distorted).

> You have an set up of 4.1, 5.1, 7.1 speakers in your HDA or USB Sound Card ?
>
> The previous PCM created is for Stereo Speakers. 4.1, 5.1, 7.1 Speakers
> don't work.
>
> For 4.1 and so on, must be created another PCM to work.
>
> I don't a expert, but i think the Line In is Stereo capturing. If i'm
> right, you will copy Stereo channel(upmix) to 4.1, 5.1, 7.1 set up.
>
> That's all.

Do you mean"copy" pcm? I think I'll need to read a bit more about this stuff.

Thanks again & regards,
--
Mark Goldstein