Re: Help with .asoundrc needed

Hi Leonardo,

Thank you for explanation.

It looks like your variant is very similar to what I did, just yours
have separate definitions for "multi" pcm and "route" pcm, while mine
used "nested" definitions.
Anyway I tried your variant and got the same "Channels count non
available" message.

Somehow it does not like 2 channels for the slave devices.

aplay -l on my machine produces:

card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: VT1708S Analog [VT1708S Analog]
  Subdevices: 2/2
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: VT1708S Digital [VT1708S Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: default [Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 ], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Does it mean that card 1 has only one "channel"? I think I tried
removing "bindings 3" but it was not sufficient, I had to remove
"bindings 1" as well, that is leave only one channel per slave.

How should I proceed?

--
Mark Goldstein