Re: Help with .asoundrc needed

HI,

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 3:57 AM, Leonardo Gomes <leogolima@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes,
>
> I think the pcm "stream" is ending with plug pcm, the multi and route
> pcm are pieces of a unique pcm pipe.
>
> This maybe help to figure that(this is pcm types order):
>
> hw --> multi --> route --> plug(ending an PCM pipe) = Complete PCM
> Stream(PCM Working for applications).
>
> Or
>
> hw --> dmix(optional) --> multi --> route --> plug(ending an PCM pipe) =
> Complete PCM Stream(PCM Working for applications).
>
> Or
>
> hw --> dmix(optional) --> multi --> route --> asym(optional - Used to
> create a duplex PCM with capture and playback capabilities) -->
> plug(ending an PCM pipe) = Complete PCM Stream(PCM Working for
> applications).

OK, I think I start understanding :-)

> I have lot of pcm in my .asoundrc, creating pcm for various use.
>
> I have pcm making my sound card 7.1 in more than one sound card, and etc.

Interesting. Actually what I eventually want to do is "extending" my
on-board HDA to duplicate sound from any source, connected to this
card, to USB headset (e.g. I have TV tuner plugged into Line In of HDA
card. And I want to hear it both on speakers connected to HDA and on
USB headset). As far as I can see, the exercise with multi - route -
plug is not exactly that. Probably I need to play with "copy"? I've
seen some advices to use Jack or Pulse instead, but I prefer
"minimalistic" approach.

Regards,
--
Mark Goldstein