Re: can't get gina3g working.

On Sunday 03 May 2009 17:39, Martin Mucha wrote:
> Yes, you're ABSOLUTELY right. It's missing firmware. Thanks for your
> help, I truly do not understand how did you found out that, but
> that's not important.
>
> But, unfortunatelly, info you've mailed to me is not enough for me,
>
> because as I said:
> >... I have absolutely NO knowledge of linux administration and so
> > on.

<snip>

Ubuntu 8.04 has support for your card, so I'm sure Kubuntu also has it.
No need to compile. About the firmware: You have to install the
alsa-firmware package. That is in the Medibuntu repository. I think you
have to enable that repository because, containing non free code, it's
not enabled by default.

Sorry I don't know how do do these things in Kubuntu but I'm sure there
are easy to use GUI tools. If google or the Kubuntu documentation does
not help enough you can ask on the the Kubuntu user list.

Good luck!

    -Frans