Re: can't get gina3g working.

Yes, you're ABSOLUTELY right. It's missing firmware. Thanks for your
help, I truly do not understand how did you found out that, but that's
not important.

But, unfortunatelly, info you've mailed to me is not enough for me,
because as I said:
>... I have absolutely NO knowledge of linux administration and so on.

I can download sources, configure them via ./configure, make them and
then run make install. But what next? What's name of compiled module
so I can call modprobe? Is it this the thing I should do? I do not
know, can you help me with it? (Actually I do know ANYTHING about
kernel, do not know what modprobe etc does, don't know ANYTHING about
sound in linux, etc. etc ...)

I'm using Kubuntu for work (java programming, some basic work), I'm
not capable of playing with the system itself. I just want to play
music through jack for music quality reasons. So what's the valid
sequence of action I need to take?

I've tried to find that info myself, but almost EVERY info/guide is
written for REALLY experienced users, so I mostly do not understand
what is article about...

thanks for every hint.
alfonz.