Re: Trying to capture mixed output with arecord

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, Eduardo Garc�wrote:

Takashi Iwai escribi�> Try the latest snapshot below:
   ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-snapshot.tar.gz

The bug regarding ice1724 should have been fixed there.

Takashi

Ok, I have updated and running to the snapshot suggested, sound is
right, no more empty 44 Bytes wav files, and all previous strange errors
have been disappeared.

But I still couldn't find a way to capture what I'm hearing from the
soundcard.

The soundcard does NOT deliver its output to its input. YOu can try
splitting the output cable and putting part back into the input for the
soundcard.  There are also software ways ( eg why not just have the
program which produces the sound also record it to a file?) and
loopback but others will have to tell you about them.

I'm doing something wrong? There is an standard method to capture mixed
output sound?