Re: Trying to capture mixed output with arecord

Jamie Guinan escribió:
> The envy chips are funny, they always capture something like 10
> channels, and you need to reduce it to 2 if you want to save
> to a common 2-channel file.  "plughw" can do this, so try,
>
>   arecord -f dat -D plughw:0 test.wav
>
> Also, "aplay -l" to make sure you are targetting the right device.
>
> -Jamie

Ok, I have tested it:

eduardo@pcbox:~$  arecord -f dat -D plughw:0 test.wav
Recording WAVE 'test.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Ratio 48000 Hz,
Stereo
arecord: pcm_read:1348: read error: Input/output error

It failed but gave me some a couple of ideas, so I did (just to check):
eduardo@pcbox:~$  arecord -f dat -D plughw:0 -v test.wav
Recording WAVE 'test.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Ratio 48000 Hz,
Stereo
Plug PCM: Linear conversion PCM (S32_LE)
Its setup is:
  stream       : CAPTURE
  access       : RW_INTERLEAVED
  format       : S16_LE
  subformat    : STD
  channels     : 2
  rate         : 48000
  exact rate   : 48000 (48000/1)
  msbits       : 16
  buffer_size  : 24000
  period_size  : 6000
  period_time  : 125000
  tstamp_mode  : NONE
  period_step  : 1
  avail_min    : 6000
  start_threshold  : 1
  stop_threshold   : 24000
  silence_threshold: 0
  silence_size : 0
  boundary     : 1572864000
Slave: Hardware PCM card 0 'ESI Juli@' device 0 subdevice 0
Its setup is:
  stream       : CAPTURE
  access       : MMAP_INTERLEAVED
  format       : S32_LE
  subformat    : STD
  channels     : 2
  rate         : 48000
  exact rate   : 48000 (48000/1)
  msbits       : 24
  buffer_size  : 24000
  period_size  : 6000
  period_time  : 125000
  tstamp_mode  : NONE
  period_step  : 1
  avail_min    : 6000
  start_threshold  : 1
  stop_threshold   : 24000
  silence_threshold: 0
  silence_size : 0
  boundary     : 1572864000
arecord: pcm_read:1348: read error: Input/output error

And then I tried:
eduardo@pcbox:~$  arecord -f dat -D plughw:0 --nonblock test.wav
Recording WAVE 'test.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Ratio 48000 Hz,
Stereo
-> this gave me the usual 44 Bytes long wav file that I'm getting.

So my thought is that by some reason arecord can't read from pcm on my
card, as it seems to be busy.