Re: Which ALSA mixer is the correct one?

Tony Hamilton wrote:

> AS soon as I connect the 'windows' cable to my linux computer I am able
> to record and playback satisfactorily - provided the correct devices are
> selected. In my case this means NOT ALSA default (the quality with is
> unacceptable because the logic path length seems to  require more
More information you probably don't want to know. :-)
The default device has a built in resampler called
dmix, but it uses linear interpolation (a very
inaccurate method) which introduces distortion into the
sound stream if the sample rate is changed.  This is
probably what you are noticing.
> computing power than I have available). Selecting 'hw:0,0' for both
> record and playback devices gives good results.
>
> In summary, thanks for all your help and support. And I hope this
> arduous journey can be avoided by others by the inclusion of an
> instruction in the documentation to be sure that there is a 'good'
> signal into the hardware before trying to trouble shoot the software!

You're welcome.  Thanks for posting back the solution.

Happy recording.  :-)