Re: Which ALSA mixer is the correct one?

I think SUSE is an rpm based system, so do this.

run command   rpm -qa | grep -i pulse   .

Look for the module alsa-plugins-pulseaudio

If it is there, remove it.  That should stop pulse from
using alsa, clean up any modifications for pulse,
leaving it available for you.

Everything else looks OK in your setup, so at that
point you should have sound.  I didn't use line-in
before so it is possible there is a bug there, but I
really doubt that.

If this doesn't work, I don't have any more help to give.