Re: Microphone works in Pulseaudio, not ALSA

Ok... At this point I think it is a bug in either Ubuntu or ALSA itself.
I installed a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz PCI sound card and the same
problems manifested themselves. I can hear myself breathing but
gnome-sound-recorder will not record any sounds from the mic.

I then recompiled alsa-drivers 1.0.16 and installed it (make install)
but it had no effect. I didn't expect anything as the Ubuntu package of
alsa-drivers was already 1.0.16

I noticed that Ubuntu has version mismatches in the installed packages:
alsa-driver 	1.0.16
alsa-utils	1.0.15
alsa-base	1.0.16

Could this be a source of the problem?