Re: Help with Audigy2 ZS notebook

Salatiel Filho schrieb:
> anyone was able to make the mic input work with this card ?
> I can not find a way to do it. No audio capture at all :(
>
> I put all capture volumes at maximum,  still no sound .

about a year ago  i brought my Audigy2 ZS notebook card to work on my
laptop. But it was a weired procedure and I do not understand why it
worked. At the moment my notebook does not work, so I cannot do any
testing with the latest alsa-driver.
I think I used alsa 1.0.14 at that time.
I will now cite an old message I sent to another guy who had problems
with his audigy2, too.  Perhaps the infos in that mail can help you. so
here it comes:

-------------------
Hi Félix,

Félix C. Morency wrote:
> > My output works great so I know the card
> > is actually working. Is there any work-around to get the multiple input
> > channel to work ? I also tried recording in Audacity changing the input
> > card but nothing worked. When I tried the mic input, Audacity couldn't
> > actually record anything. Thank you for helping me.

Ok, do you mean that audacity did not work at all, or did it record silence?
One of my stages in getting my mic to work was, that audacity recorded
sound but it was so quiet that I had to amplify it by 50Db to be able to
hear anything. So you could try to amplify your recording to check if
you have the same symptom as I had.

So I cannot explain exactly what I did to make the mic work. But I can
tell you how I can control my mic right now. So there are 2 relevant
mixers in my kmix. The one is "Mic" and the other is "Analog Mix" both
on the input side. you have to open both to get the mic recorded.
Furthermore you have to select the Mic (On thatpoint there is a lot of
confusion. The little red dots under the mixers are all behaving a bit
like they want to and not how I use them. So when I boot my computer the
mic and the analog mix seem to be selected, but the mic isn't. So I have
to choose Line and then again mic and after that my mic is working.
Another strange "feature" is the fact that then the Line mixer is a
direct link from the mic to my output. so I can put the mix and the
analog mix to 0 and the line to 100 and I still hear myself speaking
into the microphone but than I cannot record it, it is only directly
given out through standard output.

If that does not work, I recommend you one thing. Install aumix and
start it. There should be a mic mixer which is at 100 and if you try to
change it it will put itself back to 100. That is what happens on
mycomputer. And playing around with this mic and with selecting it in
aumix for recording or the line in instead brought my microphone to work
for the first time. Since that I do not have to start aumix at all. It
seemed that aumix changed something in the general config and saved it
for boot time restoration, but I have no idea why and what and how and
why there are different mixers in alsamixer/kmix and aumix.

I hope some of that stuff may help you.