Microphone works in Pulseaudio, not ALSA

I am trying to get my microphone working in ALSA so that it can be used
in Ventrilo under Wine.

Output of alsa-info.sh: http://pastebin.ca/1012420

I can get the microphone to record under PulseAudio, but playback is
delayed by ~2 seconds, so using PA is not a real option. Relatedly, I
can hear myself breathing (into the microphone) but gnome-sound-recorder
is unable to actually record anything on any of its allowable "Record
from input" options:
-Front mic boost
-Mic boost
-IEC958
-Capture
-Capture 1
-Digital

According to various google results, I added "model=6stack-dig" as a
load option for the snd_hda_intel module in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.
This removed an error message I was receiving from dmesg:

hda_codec: Unknown model for ALC883, trying auto-probe from BIOS...

However it did not make my microphone work. Can someone please help me?

Thanks,
Gordon H