Re: Microphone works in Pulseaudio, not ALSA

That is just how my alsamixer settings were established at the time of
running alsa-info.sh. I am guessing that it is an alsa configuration
error as I am able to record things in Audacity using option 1 of the
recording options presented in its Device list:
1) ALSA: HDA NVidia: ALC883 Analog (hw:0,0)
2) ALSA: HDA NVidia: ALC883 Digital (hw:0,1)
3) ALSA: HDA NVidia: ALC883 Analog (hw:0,3)
4) ALSA: spdif
5) ALSA: default

However Audacity also records sounds which are playing when (1) is
selected (ie from a music player). And this input device isn't available
in winecfg.

Using arecord and doing the steps you mentioned yielded no successful
results.