Re: MAudio 2496 left-channel crackling (was: Sound Quality: difference in digital outputs? optical vs coax? discrete vs integrated?)

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 7:10 AM, Matt Garman <matthew.garman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 06:17:32AM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
>  > Any reason to suspect it's gotten damaged? I have an M-Audio 2496
>  > and I've never had any trouble like you're experiencing.
>
>  Nope, I bought it new, and only a couple months ago at that.
>
>  I forgot to mention, and don't know that this makes any difference,
>  but the crackling problems seemed to have developed within the last
>  couple weeks or so.  For the first month to six weeks I had and used
>  it, I don't recall any crackling.  And even still, I get some
>  "lucky" time when there's no crackling.

Sounds to me like the card is failing. Maybe a capacitor or something
is going out. Replacing it through Newegg sounds like a good option if
they will do it. They have been pretty good with me in the past.

Good luck,
Mark