Re: Bose Companion 5 - any experiences?

Uli wrote:
> It also comes at the prize of a very specific speaker setup. According
> to a review I've read bose recommends that the speakers are about 60cm
> in front of you, facing straight ahead, and that the distance between
> the two is also about 60cm. Anything else and surround sound is gone.
> However, once you have that setup the guy says it would sound as if
> that chopper would be coming from behind you :)
> Uli

Heh, that is strange for sure. Maybe they could get that figure down to
10cm and then you could just as well get headphones? Also - 60cm between
the speakers is a nice space to fit a screen in is it not? Then again -
who would want to sit at 60cm proximity to anything larger than a 17"
screen. What a crappy idea given that people want 5.1 to watch movies. I
always thought people preferred to do that in spaces called living
rooms. Ah wait - then its to far from the speakers again!

It seems some audio company should have done a bit more research.