Re: locale and dead keys

Clytie Siddall wrote:
> I tried vi_VN.UTF.8, but it said the encoding was unsupported in the  C library.

vi_VN.UTF-8

If this is unsupported, try also

vi_VN

If they are unsupported, you may need to generate them. I don't know
how to do it on your OS (in Debian I write dpkg-reconfigure locales,
but this is certain not to work on Mac OSX).

Also make sure that you have all fonts installed correctly (e.g. try
pasting something in the xterm or any app you are running). In
addition, when you
export LC_CTYPE=whatever
xterm
afterwards run "locale" in the new xterm and verify that LC_CTYPE is
set correctly (it might be changed again by one of bash's initialization
files).

--
Antonios Christofides
+30-2661020814