[XFree86] How to switch from small char to big char to all X applications ?

Hello,

I share my computer (but not at the same time, so the X server can be different). I want small char but my coworker wants big char (he is "nearly blind").

What is the easiest way to do that ?

Who is reponsable to draw the chars for a menu, a textarea ?
By application I means :
Mozilla, OpenOffice, Konqueror, Xterm, xine, kd3, ...

1) The X server
---------------
So all application have the same char size. In order word, all applications that draw with a 10 size char have the same real scren size.

2) The graphic library
----------------------
So according to the graphic library, some applications have a size and other have another size.
For instance : 10 size char for application 1 with library 1 gives a 20 pixels char on the screen
10 size char for application 2 with library 2 gives a 25 pixels char on the screen

3) The Window Manager or the desktop manager
Does the Window Manager or the desktop manager draw the char menu, the textarea ?

How to have big chars for all applications ?
Suppress the small fonts, so automatically the application will use the big one ?
Map small font to big one ( The content of the small font will be replaced by a big font) ?
Where must I do that ? In the X server or the font server ?

Thanks,
PHL