Re: siliconmotion CSync output ?

On 3/8/07, bruno schwander <xfree86-devel-20050520@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
ah never mind. since this is interlaced, the pixel clock needs to be half
that to get the right frame refresh rate (60Hz) with a pixel clock of
12.22MHz, it passes.

Now, I am not sure if the pixel clock is effectively set to that, and my
lcd still does not sync, so either the pixel clock is not set right or the
SMI712 is not outputting composite sync (despite my hack to enable it)

Time to get the oscilloscope out...

The siliconmotion driver doesn't explicitly set the vclk pll.  It uses
the bios (if UseBIOS is set or does nothing if not).  It's trivial to
add however. SR6C, SR6D are programmed similarly to the mclk.

Alex

Bruno