[Newbie]hello, i'm new to newbies and have a monitor question

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 23:18:32 +0200
"john.stylemans" <john.stylemans@skynet.be> wrote:

> [...] i was given
> the possibility to test the monitor at 16 bit colors with a 800x600
> resolution.  I pushed the test button, and ZAPP.  No more screen LOL.

I was going to suggest that this sounds a bit like Ashish Kulkarni's
problem, which turned out to be a monitor that couldn't do DDC correctly
(Options "NoDDC" fixed it), but his log file ended abruptly as soon as
DDC was initialized.  I went back to look at your log file and I see
you're running version 4.0.1a.  Have you considered moving to the
current release?  I don't have any specific reason to think it would
help, but my impression is that 4.2.0 is quite good at configuring
itself.

--
Remember, more computing power was thrown away last week than existed in
the world in 1982.  -- http://www.tom.womack.net/computing/prices.html