Re: Planned changes for bugzilla.kernel.org to reduce the "Bugzilla blues"

Hi,

> On Oct 2, 2022, at 8:49 AM, Artem S. Tashkinov <aros@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> As I've said many times already: bugzilla must be an opt-out, not opt-in
> experience/option.
>
> Let's subscribe the past six months of developers using git commits and
> if someone doesn't like getting emails they go to the website and
> unsubscribe _once_ which takes a minute. This is a non-issue I've no
> clue why we're dwelling on it.

I disagree with this in its *entirety* and I really don’t think it has any chance of moving forward.

If this were to happen (and it won’t!) then developers will just send the emails to spam or some other filter because they didn’t _consent_ to being subscribed to it. And in my opinion, they’d be justified in doing that.

-srw