Re: Planned changes for bugzilla.kernel.org to reduce the "Bugzilla blues"

On Sun, Oct 02, 2022 at 12:49:04PM +0000, Artem S. Tashkinov wrote:
> > And if we force developers to get Bugzilla spam whether they want it
> > not, and they said, "absolutely not", is it there right to have the
> > mailing list gateway disabled --- and if so, what does that do to the
> > user experience?  Thats basically the situation we have right now.
>
> As I've said many times already: bugzilla must be an opt-out, not opt-in
> experience/option.
>
> Let's subscribe the past six months of developers using git commits and
> if someone doesn't like getting emails they go to the website and
> unsubscribe _once_ which takes a minute. This is a non-issue I've no
> clue why we're dwelling on it.

auto-subscribing people to anything is a sure way to get lots of people
instantly mad at you and have them add the address to their filters.

That's just not how to do things well, sorry.

If you wish to be the one triaging all bugzilla bugs, wonderful, please
start doing so.  But to volunteer others and insist that they do it is a
non-starter for obvious reasons.

greg k-h