Re: 64 bit platform improvements

"Anatol Belski" in php.windows (Sat, 28 Dec 2013 16:36:41 +0100):
>> Which one would be interesting for the debugdiag tool?
>The *.pdb is the only one relevant. You can check the symbols path in the
>bins with "dumpbin /pdbpath:verbose ph5.dll" from the VS prompt.

dumpbin only works if you are in the directory where the DLL is (and
reports the correct pdbpath). Outside the directory, dumpbin says it
cannot find the DLL (even if you point %PATH% to it).

>Then one can move the *.pdb to one of the paths, or override in DebugDiag
>like "Tools=>Options=>Symbol search path".

Silly design of DebugDiag. Why does not it look by default in the
directory where the DLL is located? VC does it that way....

I am now putting then in c:\symcache, which seems to be the default
directory.

Edit: Google told me the full pdb-path is in the DLL, i.e. where it was
built: C:\php-sdk\phpint64\x64\Debug\php5_debug.pdb. So probably not
cleaning you build directories will work as well.

Jan