Re: 64-bit PHP binaries

hi,

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Morne Fourie <morne@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks, it is all getting a lot clearer now. However, there is still one
> more problem. Initially when i deployed PHP on this server I used the 5.3
> nts version but could not get it working. If i ran the cammand line i could
> see it was working but it would not deliver the pages via a webbrowser. As
> per my earlier post i get a dot net error. This brought me to the point
> where i started thinking this is a 64bit issue. I also stated earlier that i
> think there is a setting that is not configured and that is not on the
> documentation and that is why it is not working. I however have been unable
> to figure out where the problem is. There is a lot of mention of running a
> command on IIS to get it to run as a 32bit version. Is this true?

I run x86 php on my IIS x64 windows just fine (2k3/2k8/2k8R2). There
was some extra setting before with the ISAPI, but it is not required
anymore as it runs through FastCGI (different process than IIS
itself).

See: http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis7.php for a
detailed explanation about the FastCGI setup.

Cheers,
--
Pierre