Re: mysqli extension installation

You're missing one important piece of info.  In PHP 4.x, MySQL support was
BUILT IN to PHP so you wouldn't need any extra DLLs.  In 5.0, MySQL is NOT
included and you DO need the DLLs.  Make sure you're not mixing PHP 5 DLLs
with a PHP 4 installation.  I have no clue what that would do.

Reference: http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.extensions.php